- Washers are designed to be a standard width, either 595mm or 600mm, this is so they fit into kitchens which normally have a standard cupboard size of 600mm or 60cm width. You should always measure up to make sure it’s going to fit in the space, including the height and depth (note that you’ll need some extra depth for the pipes and plug). We do have a selection of smaller compact washers which tend to be around 500mm wide. We also have a selection of slim depth washers with a typical depth of 500mm (50cm).
- Measure the depth of your space carefully, you need to take into account any pipes and connections at the back wall which may affect the depth of the space.
- The washing machine needs a 3cm gap on each side and the same to the rear or more depending on your pipes. You’ll also need a 3cm gap if you’re placing the washer next to a tumble dryer.
- It’s best to place your washing machine against an exterior wall, so you don’t need to have the waste pipe running along the inside of your home.
- And don’t forget to think about the door space, you want to place the washer in a spot where you have plenty of room to load your laundry.
Top to Bottom
Side to Side
Front to Back