What our experts think...
electriQ may not be a household name yet, but if this TV is anything to go by, they soon will be! I went to test out their new OLED TV in our Huddersfield store to see how it held up against the bigger brands. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, the TV felt well-built and really sturdy. It's super thin too, with the top half measuring as thin as two two-pound coins stacked together. The picture quality was bursting with vibrant colours, I could barely notice a difference between it and the LG OLED TV next to it. After comparing some prices, I couldn't find any brands with an OLED at a lower price, which makes this is a great contender if you're looking to try out OLED.
What stands out
- AV Forums Recommended Award Winner — read the full review »
- Enjoy pin sharp, stunningly realistic picture detail on the 55 Inch 4K Ultra HD screen
- The LG OLED display delivers the deepest and darkest blacks and the brightest whites for an even better picture
- Bring your 4K content to life and enjoy HDR movies and games with intensely vibrant colours
- Download all your favourite Android apps like Netflix, Kodi and YouTube from the Google Play Store
- Watch up to 200 FREE TV and radio channels with the built-in Freeview HD and Freesat HD tuners
- Never miss a moment of your favourite show - Pause and record live TV and watch it later
- 3 HDMI inputs and 2 USB ports for you to hook up all your devices at once
- Connect your USB device to the TV and share your home videos and pictures with friends and family
This TV is something else. It's brilliantly designed from the outside in and comes with everything you'd expect from a flagship model apart from the price tag. It offers jaw-dropping 4K picture quality as standard along with the latest HDR technology, so you can enjoy striking detail in shadows and highlights, and ultra-rich colours in your 4K games and 4K Blu-ray movies! The TV also benefits from an OLED display which brings with it a whole host of benefits including brighter colours, higher contrasts, realistic blacks, wider viewing angles and faster refresh rates! It also means the TV doesn't need a backlight, which is the reason why it sports a gorgeous ultra-thin design. Seriously, words can't describe how stunning it looks. Plus, it even manages to pack in two front-facing speakers to amp up your viewing.
The smart TV platform is powered by Android TV, which basically means you'll be able to do everything you love to do on a tablet like streaming movies, listening to music, playing games or even browsing the web, but on a big 55” display! It even gives you unrestricted access to the Google Play Store, so you can download a wider choice of apps, including many you won't find on other smart TVs, as well as all your favourites too like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Kodi, Spotify, ITV Hub and YouTube. So, no matter what you're into, you're guaranteed to find an app for it. Plus, you can even cast movies, music and photos from your smartphone to the TV without any cables which is really great for showing off all your Instagram pics!
This brilliant TV comes with not one, but two HD tuners for you to enjoy the UK's most popular TV channels without the need for a separate set top box or subscription. You can choose to watch over 70 Freeview channels through your TV aerial, or if you prefer, you can take advantage of your satellite dish and enjoy over 200 Freesat channels. Both tuners even provide access to your favourite BBC, ITV and Channel 4 programmes in glorious HD at no extra cost. If that wasn't enough, the TV offers a USB record setting which is really handy if you're likely to miss your favourite show. Simply connect a USB storage device into the back of the TV, find the programme you want to record using the on-screen guide and watch it later. It's TV on your terms!
Despite the TV's ultra-slim design, it still somehow manages to pack in enough ports for you to connect up all your external devices. The three HDMI ports allow you to connect up a Blu-ray player and game console with room to spare, so you don't have to rummage around the back of the TV to switch devices. There's space for you to hook up two USB devices at a time, meaning you'll be able to charge your smartphone and connect an external USB drive to playback video content on the big screen.
- 55" OLED Display
- 4K Ultra HD
- Smart TV with built-in WiFi
- Powered by Android TV 6.0
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Panel manufacturer: LG
- High Dynamic Range: HDR10
- Quad Core Processor
- Refresh rate: 120Hz
- Response time: 1ms
- Freeview HD and Freesat
- USB Playback
- USB Record
- Downloadable apps
- Wall mountable: VESA 400 x 300
- Dimensions with stand: W 1306 x H 771 x D 231 mm
- Dimensions without stand: W 1230 x H 727 x D 41 mm
- Weight with stand: 16.2 kg
- Weight without stand: 15.5 kg
- 1 year warranty
- 3 x HDMI 2.0
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Ethernet
- 1 x VGA
- 1 x Optical Out
- 1 x AV input
- 1 x CI Slot
- 1 x Component Video
- 1 x Headphone Out
- 1 x microSD card slot
What's in the box?
- 1 x TV
- 1 x Remote control
- 1 x User manual
- 1 x Base stand