Congratulations! Your promo code PROMOCODE will be automatically applied when you check out – enjoy.
- Heating and Hot water schedules – set up to 6 daily time slots
- Heating Boost – for up to six hours
- Automatic Frost Protection – helps prevent frozen pipes
- Geolocation – heating alerts when you leave or return home
- Holiday Mode – tell Hive your holiday dates and come back to a warm welcome
- Child lock – set a pin lock on your app or thermostat
- Text control – send your command to Hive by text
- Temperature graphs – keep track of how you are using your heating
This Hive lets you control your home heating from the thermostat or your phone, wherever you are. If you have a hot water tank, you can control your hot water too. With such wireless functionality, you'll never need to heat an empty home again, saving up to £120 a year on energy bills. Installation by a British Gas engineer is included too, so you can get up-and-running immediately.
Easy to control
Hive's active heating system can control your heating and hot water (if you have a hot water tank) from your mobile, tablet or laptop. Just download the Hive app on to your Android, Windows or iOS Smartphone to access all the key features through your home broadband.
All connected - your Hive kit
Keeping the set-up and operation simple, the Hive has thought of everything you'll need to get the system going. The Wireless Thermostat lets you control your heating and hot water when you're at home. The Hub plugs into your broadband router to enable your thermostat to be controlled remotely. And the Receiver lets your thermostat and boiler talk to each other when they are fitted close to your boiler.
Works with your smart voice assistant
This Hive thermostat works with both the Google Assistant and Alexa, so you can adjust it with just your voice via compatible smart devices (sold separately).
This Hive comes with installation from a British Gas engineer, no matter who supplies your energy. Once you receive your Hive Active Heating order you'll be able to redeem the included voucher via the Hive website to book an installation with a British Gas engineer, who will also bring the hub and receiver.
What you'll need
- A working central heating system, Hive can be installed on gas or LPG systems (and certain Electric Boilers)
- An existing broadband connection with a spare Ethernet port connection
- An extra power socket close to your broadband router
- An Android or iOS smartphone if you want to use your mobile to control your heating and hot water via the Hive app
- An up-to-date web browser to use the online dashboard (IE10+, Chrome, Safari or Firefox)
- A Hive online account (activated using the activation code in the enclosed booklet).
What's in the Box
- 1 x Thermostat
- 1 x Voucher code to book your installation with a British Gas engineer. (The engineer will bring the hub and receiver with them on the day of installation)