What our experts think...
The full android smart TV platform is great. I love that the TV has the full Android operating system. I can download pretty much any app I like, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer and 4OD, and access them in a couple of clicks!
What stands out
- Download all your favourite Android apps like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Kodi and YouTube
- Enjoy unrestricted access to apps on the Google Play Store
- Watch over 70 free channels including 15 in HD with the built-in Freeview HD tuner
- Pause and record live TV to your USB device and watch it later
- Comes with plenty of ports at the back to hook up your games console, Blu-ray player and PC
- Connect a USB device and play your stored videos and images on the TV for everyone to enjoy
If you're forever flicking through TV channels looking for something to watch, then this great value smart TV with Android is just what you need. It comes with loads of free channels and access to hundreds of free apps through its smart platform, so you'll never be short of something to watch ever again! The TV is powered by Android which means you'll be able to do all the things you love to do on a tablet like streaming movies, listening to music or playing games but on a huge 40" display.
What's most impressive, though, is the huge amount of apps available to download from the Google Play store. It boasts a wider choice of apps compared with other smart TVs on the market, including many you won't find elsewhere, as well as all your favourites such as BBC iPlayer, Kodi, Spotify, ITV Hub and YouTube, all in one convenient place! So, no matter what you're into, you're guaranteed to find an app for it. Plus, it's even got WiFi built in, which connects to your home network just like your tablet, so you don't have to worry about unsightly cables trailing across the room.
The TV comes with a built-in Freeview HD tuner that offers over 70 TV channels and 30 radio stations - all for free! You can even watch your favourite BBC, ITV and Channel 4 programmes in glorious HD at no extra cost. The HD channels look absolutely fantastic on the Full HD 1080p display, bringing images to life with enhanced colour and clarity. For added convenience, there's a USB record setting which is really handy if you're likely to miss your favourite show. Simply connect a USB device into the back of the TV, find the programme you want to record using the on-screen guide and watch it later. It's TV on your terms!
If you're like me and need lots of ports to connect up your external devices, then you'll be pleased to know that this TV doesn't disappoint. The two HDMI ports provide quick and easy connection to things like Blu-ray players and games consoles, while the two USB ports can be used to play back any video content you have stored on a USB device. Plus, there's a VGA port so you can connect the TV to your PC and have it work as a monitor - perfect for some big screen browsing.
- 40" LED TV
- Full HD (1080p)
- Smart TV with built-in WiFi
- Powered by Android 5.1
- Built-in Freeview HD
- 2 HDMI inputs and 3 USB ports
- Full Google Play Store access
- Quad Core Processor
- Internal storage: 8 GB
- USB media playback
- USB recording
- Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Wall mountable: VESA 200 x 200
- Dimensions with stand: W 90.8 x H 58.0 x D 21.7 cm
- Dimensions without stand: W 90.8 x H 53.4 x D 8.55 cm
- Stand width: 76.3 cm
- Weight with stand: 8.9 kg
- Energy efficiency class: A
- 1 year warranty
- 2 x HDMI
- 3 x USB
- 1 x VGA input
- 1 x PC audio input
- 1 x Headphone output
- 1 x Composite input
- 1 x Component input
- 1 x Coaxial audio output
- 1 x RF input
- 1 x Ethernet
What's in the box?
- 1 x TV
- 1 x Remote control
- 1 x Base stand
- 1 x User manual