What our experts think...
I love the TV's Android smart platform. It's like a bottomless pit of great content. I was able to download pretty much any app I wanted, including some that aren't even available on other smart TVs. It saved me having to switch between my PS4 and set-top box to access what I wanted.
What stands out
- Enjoy pin sharp, stunningly realistic picture detail on the 50 inch 4K Ultra HD screen
- Download all your favourite Android apps like Kodi and YouTube from the Google Play Store
- Enjoy unrestricted access to apps on the Google Play Store
- Watch over 70 FREE channels including 15 in HD with the built-in Freeview HD tuner
- Never miss a moment of your favourite show - Pause and record live TV and watch it later
- 3 HDMI inputs and 4 USB ports for you to hook up all your devices at once
- Connect your USB device to the TV and share your home videos and pictures with friends and family
If you're looking to make your movie nights much more epic, then this big screen 50 inch TV is just the thing you need. It features a 4K display that boasts four times the amount of pixels than a Full HD TV, so you'll be able to enjoy everything, right down to the intricate detail, with a superb level of clarity. It's so life-like, you cant help but lose yourself in a film, so you might want to think twice before putting on a horror flick!
Thankfully, when it comes to things to watch, you're spoilt for choice thanks largely to the TVs smart platform. The TV is powered by Android which means you'll be able to do all the things you love to do on a tablet like streaming movies, listening to music or playing games but on a 50" display. What's most impressive though, is that it gives you unrestricted access to the Google Play Store, so you can download a wider choice of apps, including many you won't find on other smart TVs, as well as all your favourites too like BBC iPlayer, Kodi, Spotify, ITV Hub and YouTube. So, no matter what you're into, you’re guaranteed to find an app for it. Plus, you can even cast movies, music and photos from your smartphone to the TV without the need for any cables. It's pretty impressive!
The TV comes with a built-in Freeview HD tuner that offers over 70 TV channels and 30 radio stations - all for free! You can even watch your favourite BBC, ITV and Channel 4 programmes in glorious HD at no extra cost. For added convenience, there's a USB record setting which is really handy if you're likely to miss your favourite show. Simply connect a USB storage device into the back of the TV, find the programme you want to record using the on-screen guide and watch it later. It's TV on your terms!
If you're like me and need lots of ports to connect up your external devices, then you'll be pleased to know that this TV doesn't disappoint. It offers three HDMI ports for you to connect up a Blu-ray player and game console with room to spare, so you don't have to rummage around the back of the TV to switch devices. There's also plenty of ports for you to hook up 4 USB devices at a time, where you'll be able to charge your smartphone and connect an external USB drive to playback video content on the big screen.
- 50" LED TV
- 4K Ultra HD
- Smart TV with built-in WiFi
- Powered by Android 5.1
- Built-in Freeview HD
- 3 HDMI inputs and 4 USB ports
- Downloadable apps
- Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Total sound output: 16 W
- Wall mountable: VESA 400 x 200
- Dimensions with stand: W 1125 x H 651 x D 250 mm
- Dimensions without stand: W 1125 x H 651 x D 62.2 mm
- Stand width: 917 mm
- Weight with stand: 11.19 kg
- Weight without stand: 10.03 kg
- 1 year warranty
- Full Google Play Store access
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Quad Core Processor
- Internal storage: 8 GB
- USB media playback
- USB recording
- Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Response time: 6 ms
- HDCP 2.2 compatible
- Energy efficiency class: A
- 3 x HDMI 2.0
- 4 x USB 2.0
- 1 x AV input
- 1 x Coaxial audio output
- 1 x Component input
- 1 x RF input
- 1 x Ethernet
What's in the box?
- Remote control
- Base stand
- User manual