What our experts think...
It might seem like a simple bit of kit, but this hob is fantastic! Ideal for couples, small kitchens or caravans, it helps to make cooking more convenient. It’s safe and easy to use and, because it is portable, you can use it just about anywhere and even put it away when it’s not being used. I'm a messy cook, so I need something that's easy to clean and this hob couldn't be easier - it's smooth and doesn't get too hot, so I can clean as I cook!
What stands out
- Perfect for caravans, small kitchens, and for extra hob space – just plug it in
- It's easy to move and can be stored away almost straight after use
- Induction technology gives you quick heat and the surface even remains cool to the touch as you cook
- Touch controls give you instant adjustments and the clear LED display helps you choose the perfect settings
- Wipe away spills and splashes from the super-smooth surface after each use
If you're looking for a cooking solution for a small kitchen or caravan, or simply looking for a way to add more hob space to your kitchen, then take a look at this electriQ portable induction hob! Small and compact enough so you can put it away when it's not being used, it's a really handy and versatile bit of kit. Featuring two zones, matching in size, there's plenty of room to cook using two pans together.
Simply put, induction technology heats the bottom of the pan and nothing else and, by using this method, the hob detects if a pan is on the zone which helps to reduce the amount of energy used. It also means the hob won't get too hot and won't take long to cool down, so you can safely put it away quickly after cooking. With ten power levels to choose from, you'll easily be able to achieve perfect results from any dish, with temperature levels ranging from 6-240°C.
Touch controls make it easy to choose and adjust the settings and clear, LED displays help you to see which settings you have chosen. It's not always easy to time dishes to perfection when you've got several on the go, but that's not an issue here. Each zone features a timer and turns itself off after your chosen time, so it's unlikely you will over or undercook your dish.
As it stays cool, even when in use, you can quickly and easily mop up spills and splashes straight away. Should you leave them until you've finished cooking, the surface will not have become warm enough to burn or fuse food deposits, so you can still give it a quick wipe before putting it away.
- Cooking zones: 2
- Hob type: Induction
- Connection type: 13amp
- Power levels: 10
- Temperature range: 60-240°C
- Residual heat indicators: 2
- Total power: 2800W (Left zone: 1800W / Right zone: 1000W)
- Timer: 5-180 minutes
- Pan diameter: 16-26cm (Best performance with pans approx. 20cm)
- Auto turn off: 2 hours
- Dimensions: H 45 x W 600 x D 360mm
- Weight: 5.6kg
- Slim two-zone hob
- Saves time and energy
- Alert when cooking time elapses
- Perfect for small kitchens, caravans, and student living
- Lightweight and portable
- Uses a 13amp plug
- Stays cool to the touch while cooking
- Touch controls
- Child safety lock built-in
- Digital timer with LED display